Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Late Post: My ___th Birthday

Last October 2013, I only had a small celebration for my birthday. To be honest, I don't even consider it as a celebration per se, it's more of a luncheon really. It was only with my Mom, Dad, and Grandma (Mamang). We ate at Vikings in SM North EDSA (A buffet restaurant) which I had reserved 2 weeks in advance. I already learned my lesson to have a table reserved, because last June, we were supposed to celebrate my Mom's birthday there but it was full. 

You may not consider me as a buffet type of person but I haven't dined there so I thought it would be nice to try it on my birthday and check what the hype is all about. Plus, when you dine there on the day of your birthday it's for free. Nothing beats that! As long as you have at least one person that you're going to pay in full. 

We actually had a lot of discount. Aside from my food being free, senior citizens who are above 75 y/o get a 50% off the buffet rate. My Grandmother being 88 y/o was able to get that discount. Both my parents are senior citizens as well but they were only allowed to give a 10% senior citizen discount to my Dad since I have to pay at least one person in full. I guess that's fair enough. 

I forgot to bring my camera. All photos were taken via my Mom's Ipad. It's not that there will be a huge difference since I only point and shoot anyway. 

Per usual, they sing to all the celebrants and give them a complimentary cake. My Dad, being himself wanted to leave as soon as he was done eating. I wanted to wait for the waiters to sing me a song but they started a bit late and were still practicing when we left so I just had my picture taken next to the birthday banner just for the sake of it.

After having lunch, I stayed in the mall to have my license renewed and went home. That was a my day. No Big Hurrah. Check out my photos below.

What I Wore:
Missy Halter Dress (Bought it 2 years ago and it still fits! I love it because it hides my belly bulge)
Heatwave Peep-toe Pumps
Dorothy Perkins Bag


XxX,
Rissa











No comments:

Post a Comment